Of The Four Noble Truths

Truth of Suffering, Truth of Origin of Suffering, Truth of Cessation of Suffering, Truth of the Path that leads to the Cessation of Suffering



Saturday, January 15, 2011

Contentment

Every moment is fulfilling, Every day is learning.
This night is silent, I am aware of my heart beating.
I can sleep peacefully now,
As this is the Life I have been dreaming.

Today I harmed no one, and told no lies,
I accepted this day with contentment,
and stayed away from all vice.

Today I spread warmth, Peace and Compassion,
and listened carefully to every companion.
I shared with them their sorrows and joys,
And made every meeting a wonderful Celebration.

Within myself, I stayed aware and balanced,
Remained with Anicca and practiced diligence.
I worked with detachment for my mind and body,
Just knowing the breath, being gentle and patient.

And tonight when I go to bed, I spread Metta for all beings,
The mind is silent, I am aware of my heart beating.
I can sleep peacefully now,
As this is the Life I have been dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment